1. Your Site - Knowing how your home integrates with your site is essential. We will look at your site with our 3D modeling programs to see things like slope, views, sun, shade, and access. Your observations and local climate combined with our experience and technology place your home in just the right spot.
2. The Code is the Thing - ideabox builds to both the local building code (IRC/ Modular) and the federal code (Manufactured Code). Each code offers different benefits. Local code typically is chosen for easier financing or for more roof options. Building to the Federal code typical is chosen for less time in the permitting process and faster timelines and cost. Both codes are the same quality and experience.
3. Know Your Budget - As important as your site is, so is your budget. There are three basic parts: home, site work, and transport. You will also want to consider landscape, decks, garage or carport after your home is installed.
4. Deposits - When you are ready to design your specific site with ideabox, a $5,000 Project Deposit is required, but will be credited back to you upon your final invoice. When you are ready to proceed with building your home, a 30% Deposit to Build is asked, and the final invoice is due prior to shipping.
5. Site Work - This is handled by local general/site contractors. The General/Site contractor will give you a bid for your ideabox to include permits, foundation, install onto foundation and utility hookups. It is important to contact contractors early in the process, and we recommend getting a bid from at least two. We may be able to provide local recommendations with past ideabox experience.
6. Let’s Talk About Your House - Working from our current models makes the design process fun and easy. We can design any model to fit your site and lifestyle. This requires a Project Deposit that is credited back on your final invoice. If you wish to develop a custom ideabox design, an hourly rate for design work is agreed upon to be deducted from the deposit.
7. Concurrent Activities - A terrific attribute of building prefab is while your site and foundation is being prepared, your home is being built in a dry space out of the elements.
8. Your ideabox is Complete - We coordinate the delivery of your home with your site contractors when they are ready to receive it. It is then installed onto the prepared foundation, final finish work and button-up completed by your GC.
9. Start Having Fun - Bright open spaces, large windows, quality materials - it’s all part of the modern ideabox lifestyle!